In late 2016, the County of San Diego (CoSD) wanted to expand from traditional data centered-oriented services to a hybrid environment, with services split between traditional data center and cloud. Since then, Perspecta has undertaken the following cloud initiatives:
- Designed and built the CoSD web portal, using Microsoft Azure cloud, for the Beach and Water Quality Program which allows residents and visitors to instantly view beach and water conditions at more than 80 county beaches and waterways
- Migrated 16,000 exchange mailboxes to Microsoft 365, along with employee files into their Microsoft 365 archive, completing this successfully, with no loss of data or emails
- Migrated two custom Microsoft Dynamics customer relationship management (CRM) applications from on-premises CRM 2016 to Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Migrated CoSD’s on-premises SharePoint to Microsoft 365
- Designed and built a custom infrastructure as a service environment in the Azure Government cloud to support CoSD business applications
- Designed and built a native Amazon Web Services hosting environment for production applications
In addition, Perspecta provides program management, enterprise IT and telecommunications operations and performance management to CoSD. We also provide support to county end users through five distinct service areas: desktop, network, service desk, applications and data center.